Talk about anything you want!

Welcome To

Reply To: How to treat ball of foot pain?

Forums Health How to treat ball of foot pain? Reply To: How to treat ball of foot pain?

Definitely go to your GP. I had the same and it was diagnosed as Mortons Neuroma by my GP and by a podiatrist. GP booked me an ultrasound to confirm the diagnosis and it turned out to be bursitis (fluid swells up in the sacs in the foot and causes pain/discomfort). GP did a cortisone injection and I had to stay off running for 6 weeks and it’s now mostly gone. In the meantime, problems are generally caused by badly fitting shoes. Wearing insoles will make it worse because they’ll make the shoes tighter so unless you’re prepared to pay out for bigger shoes, don’t bother. As far as you can, wear shoes that are as comfortable as possible and obviously any shoes with worn out soles won’t be great. Good luck healing.